I’ve always wanted to do this. I don’t know why, but for some reason other bloggers grocery pictures have always interested me. I guess I’m just nosy like that.
We recently got a new Aldi store in town and this weekend I got a chance to shop there. It’s definitely different, but that’s not a bad thing. I had been hearing that their prices on fresh produce was good, so I wanted to check it out. I spent $27.35 for
- 2 bags of frozen edamame
- pack of 4 zucchini
- 2 jars of artichoke hearts in water
- 2 large bags of carrots
- bag of 6 small cucumbers
- bag of navel oranges
- bag of sweet peppers
- 2 bags of sunflower seeds
- bag of celery stalk
- 3 avocado (I love that the avocado is 59¢ each)
- 1 container of mushrooms
I went to Kroger and spent $28.24 for
- 2 boxes of gluten free waffles (we do not have a gluten allergy, we just like these waffles)
- 1 jar of organic natural peanut butter
- 1 large bag of frozen pineapple (that was $11.49, but I had a $2 coupon)
- 2 containers of organic lettuce
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cans of olives (another coupon)
I always price shop Wal-Mart and Kroger, and the only store that isn’t in my line of daily travel is Aldi. I don’t know if I’ll travel across town that often to save a few dollars, but if I’m in the area I’ll definitely take advantage of it and bring my bags. Aldi doesn’t give you grocery bags by the way, which is fine because my trunk is full of reusable bags all the time.
I do like the accountability of this post in keeping the grocery budget in check. I suppose all those other smart bloggers were on to something when they started posting pics of their groceries.
Have you shopped at Aldi? What do you think of it?
Till Next Time,