Happy belated St. Patrick’s Day to Ya! I haven’t had a proper corned beef dinner in years. Perhaps after the MMGC is done I’ll plan one for April.
Here is Friday’s Frugal Five: Again, I straight up stole the frugal five from Katy at Non Consumer Advocate…
- Did some bartering with a friend, I love bartering, especially when both parties are excited and pleased with the outcome. I bartered a few items around the house that were collecting dust for me, but things my friend could get great use out of…. she bartered about 30lbs of grass fed beef. SO EXCITED!!! As far as red meat we are predominately a venison household, but I can’t wait for some awesome burgers on the grill this summer! Now, I need to figure out what to do with the beef heart she threw in, but don’t worry, I’ll figure out something that is magically delicious.
- Balanced my cash envelopes and returned one of my milk jugs which netted me $2, but I purchased $7.50 in fresh dairy, so now my balance is $4.50 which I’m not gonna lie is causing me a bit of anxiety. Next week I will have 3 milk jugs to return and that will net me $6 and will bump me back up to $10.50 Woo Hoo living high on that hog!
- Took and inventory of the pantry to determine what we need to focus on in the gardens this year. Green beans for sure. Always need tomatoes, and I think I’m gonna try putting up peas and carrots this year. And yes, that did remind me of Forest, Forest Gump. Like peas and carrots….. All my seeds should arrive in the next few days and I’ve already got my soil and recycled toilet paper and paper towel rolls ready.
- Used up the last of the squeezed, flattened, rolled and clipped toothpaste tube last night. I think I actually heard it moaning from all the squeezing and twisting. I always get a warm frugal feeling when I do that, I mean why waste it?
- Also snagged an antique shelf unit in the barter process, which is so pretty that I hope to get it set up in the kitchen / dinning / pantry area this weekend…. I have no idea where it’s going to go yet, but I’ll love it I know that.
It occurred to me that I haven’t been including my most proud frugal activity in my weekly Friday Frugal Five. Quitting smoking! April 23rd is the Z Man’s 1 year smoke free anniversary and I have been smoke free since January 4th. This is not only saving us money, but saving our life…. you know provided we don’t get hit by a bus or something. 🙂
How was your frugal week?
Till Next Time,