I liked doing the $20 grocery challenge last month so I’m going to keep it going for the rest of 2016. The goal is $20 a week for groceries and allow a $50 a month for “good sale” allowance. The $50 will help out for those times I run across a good buy on things like the maple syrup last month. The budget will be for food items, not to include health, medical, work related, entertainment or travel expenses. I like giving myself little challenges each month, they tend to keep me in line which is never a bad thing.
Friday’s Frugal Five:
- The Z Man found me a stash of seed starter trays that I purchased several years back, so I was able to use them for our seedlings. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they will do well this year and that we won’t have to resort to buying already established plants.
- I transplanted most of my indoor plants into larger pots using pots I already had on hand.
- Returned my books on cd and books to the library on time, and checked out more.
- This weekend will be a lot of organizing and planning for the upcoming busy months. I look forward to the OT income from working longer hours, but if I’m not prepared that extra income can get sucked up into little emergencies because of poor planning.
- Lunches were from leftovers, dinners from the freezer and pantry, clothes dried on the clothesline, bills paid, and money in the pickle jar. Still breathing fresh air and loving it!
How about you, what frugal fun did you have this week?
Have a great weekend,
Till Next Time,