I just love fall. It is my favorite time of year when the weather cools down and it’s time to pull the crock pot out and make warm you all over stews and soups.
It’s also the time to pull out my big tea mugs for my hot teas. The Z Man is a coffee drinker, but I am a tea girl.
Friday’s Frugal Five:
- I’ve slowed my roll this week and got back on track with meal planning and prepping. What a huge difference that makes in the budget. Listen, we have food and I mean we have plenty of food in our house, so there is no reason I should be at the grocery store. I do not need to be at the grocery store more than once a week (if even that). But if you don’t plan then you might as well plan to fail.
- Saturday is the beginning of hunting season and I am ready. While the Z Man does all the hard work of harvesting the deer, I do all the processing. Knives are sharp and freezer bags are stocked. Stocking our freezer with venison saves us a ton of money every year in beef purchases. The thing is that we really like venison. We actually prefer venison in place of beef in most all recipes except a burger, because Double M Dairy ground beef is awesome and makes the best hamburgers!
- I’m disgusted to admit this, but in full disclosure I have to come clean and admit that I have become somewhat obsessed with frozen yogurt over the past month and was indulging myself way too often. Not good for me and certainly not good for my budget! That stuff is expensive, especially when you put all the yummy (unhealthy) toppings on it. I am proud to report that I did not get one frozen yogurt this week, saving about $6
- The importance of taking care of yourself for good health is obvious, but it’s also an important part of frugality as well. I got back into my exercise program this week, cut out the junk and got back to whole food, clean eating. Missing work, paying insurance deductibles and prescription cost… that’s NOT frugal.
- Our usual frugal routines of drying clothes on the clothes line, having our meals at home, paying our bills on time avoiding late fees, returning library rentals to avoid late fees, reducing waste, planning, budgeting and still breathing fresh air and adding to the pickle jar. Whew, that’s a mouth full!
How about you, what frugal fun have you had this week?
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
Till next time,