I had to do some traveling for work this week to Dover Delaware for a trade show and I was treated to a nice hotel stay with some good food. They even gave us a $25 voucher to do some gambling in the hotel casino. But honestly to tell the truth, that’s just not my thing anymore. I would rather be home with the Z Man, the babies, the chickens and even Myrtle, our bird. I’m just a homebody now and happy to be one.
- Before I left I made the Z Man lots of meals for his breakfast, lunch and dinners while I was traveling. Chicken soup, pesto chicken pasta, sausage and cheese strata. He ate good too while I was away.
- The trade show host provided us with $25 vouchers to do some gambling in the hotel casino. I gifted $10 of mine to a co worker, but I still ended up winning $52 and walked away from the 1¢ slot machines that I was playing. I know I’m such a big shot right, playing the 1¢ slot machines. 😉 That’s right 1¢ instead of the $1 machines.
- I brought back the hotel amenities (shampoo, coffee, teas) that I did not use during my stay. I did not hoard extras, I just brought home what I did not use.
- Last week when I made smoothies I ran out of fruit, so I decided to use some blackberries the Z Man picked last summer that I had in the freezer. Well, remember when I mentioned that I’m big on texture when it comes to my food. There were so many seeds from those blackberries in my smoothie that I just couldn’t do it. So instead of tossing the remaining four smoothie set ups I had in the freezer I just thawed them out and removed the blackberries and refroze them with different fruit. I wasn’t about to waste the other ingredients. Throwing food away is the worst waste. In the words of Dennis the Menace…. “You Can’t Waste Food!”
- I bought groceries last night after work, stuck to my list and bought nothing extra. I needed to stock up on fruit for my smoothies, which isn’t cheap. I spent $75 which brings my grocery total to $149 for the month, leaving me a balance of $151. Here is what I bought….
At least there is a little more color in my grocery purchases this week.
OK, your turn, what frugal fun did you have this week.
Till next time, Y’all stay safe out there!