BIG BUST and I can not lie… Yep, my grocery budget is a bust this month.
Here is what I bought:
Total spent $35.00 (That doesn’t look like much for $35.00 does it)
And then I busted it again!!!
I found mushrooms on sale yesterday and have plans for canning them. We eat a lot of mushrooms and at $1.89 I grabbed up all I could, considering they are usually around $3.89 I spent $32.00
What’s not pictured is a bag of salad and avocado that I had for lunch yesterday.
Spending $67.00 brings my total for February to $357.00 Over by $57.00
This is not good considering it is a short month. I’m going to say one word about it then let it go…. SCHWAN’S!!!!
Friday’s Frugal Five:
- I’m considering the $1.89 mushroom find a frugal win. Looks like I’ll be canning mushrooms this weekend.
- Brought home two 50 pound bags of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) from work this week ($15 per bag is my work discount). I use baking soda for cleaning, I use it with white vinegar in the sink drains to “fiz” them clean, I use a 50/50 mixture baking soda with my laundry and dishwasher detergent to stretch it further, and both work just as good when doing this.
- Every morning I woke early and got my exercise in before leaving for work. Exercising in the morning boosts my energy levels and lifts my spirits. I do believe that being happy and feeling good is a very important part of healthy frugalness.
- I purchased some marked down Valentines day goodies to use as birthday presents, saving 80%.
- I’ll make a March meal plans this weekend. I’ll start on our taxes this weekend so that I’m not down to crunch time in April. We will start our tomato seedlings this weekend so they will be ready for the garden in May. Sounds like a busy weekend.
Your turn, what frugal fun did you have this week or fun planned for the weekend?
I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Till next time,