I may be a bit grumpy today but I feel the need to get something off my chest…..
Seriously people just stop it, just stop it already!!! You are absolutely making fools out of yourselves and it’s getting out of hand! What are you trying to prove, do you even know WHY you are doing it? Or, is it just something one of your friends is doing and you thought you would do it too.
Why is it every time you take a picture you have to pucker your lips like your kissing the air. It looks stupid! It’s not cute, and it’s not sexy! Enough already!!! If you want people to take you seriously then stop trying to look like a carp (which is a fish with big lips that is a bottom dweller sucking trash of the bottom of the lake, just in case you didn’t know). Really, tell me how sexy does this look to you?
There…. that’s my PSA for today. Just my 2¢
Friday’s Frugal Five:
While I do make most of the food we feed our dogs, because I have access to quality ingredients here on our little homestead and can make good food for them at minimal cost… at the same time I do like to keep some store bought kibble around for the just in case (I’m running late, run out of homemade, too lazy or for whatever reason). I bought some dog food, kale for smoothies, and I did splurge a bit on some nuts for a recipe I wanted to try, that turned out great. I’ll post that recipe next week.
Sorry, no grocery picture this week. 😦
My grocery budget for January is $300 this week I spent $43 bringing my total for the month to $161 leaving me $139 for the rest of the month.
Friday’s Frugal Five:
- I spent a good amount of time on the phone with Direct TV negotiating our bill. The discounts I negotiated last year ran out and the bill doubled to $109 and that is a big fat NO. I got it back down to $56 which is $2 higher than what I was paying, but it also included a $4 across the board Direct TV increase for all customers so it’s actually $2 less.
- This weeks “eat the freezer” was a success and we’ll be doing it again next week because there is still a lot of food in the freezer, and hello my name is Lori and I’m a border line food hoarder. In full disclosure I need to confess that Monday was one of those HUNGER days. You know the ones where you could eat your arm off and still be hungry… well I caved and bought a breakfast biscuit on the way to work. It was $4 and change, but the balance of the $5 went into the change jug. I’m not proud of my weakness, but I do feel better having confessed my discretion.
- I did buy an extra gallon of milk this week because I need to make yogurt this weekend. I used the last little bit of my homemade yogurt so I also had to buy a new starter for it. If you want to see how I make yogurt you can read about it here.
- I manged to drag my lazy self up out of bed early every morning this week so I could get my exercise in before going to work, because it makes me feel better when I exercise and lets face it my ass isn’t getting any smaller. Exercise = better health = no sick days (hopefully) = working and making money = frugal.
- Lastly, honestly we are just a couple of people who love our God, our family and our country. We are not disrespectful to others, we believe in taking care of ourselves, not expecting government or anyone else to take care of us. We are responsible for our decisions, right or wrong and we do not place blame on others for our shortcomings. We do our part to not be a drain on society, we pay or taxes, we support our communities and we very often try to lend a hand to others in need when we can. We are not up to our ears in debt because we live a simple lifestyle and we can and will protect ourselves against the ignorance and selfishness of others. We represent ourselves.
Have a great weekend. Stay safe friends!
Till next time,